How to Turn Solid Haircare into Liquid at Home
Hey liquid hair care lovers!! I have devised a way that you can still use plastic free hair care, but for those of you who aren’t sold on using bars....Here it is!
How to turn your conditioner bar, or shampoo bar into a LIQUID. Make sure you read the special notes at the bottom.
1. Cut a small slice off the whole bar(approx 7-10g) - the slice I cut here is 7g.
2. Melt the slice in a microwave safe dish. Be careful not to boil or let it burn. (Approx 15 sec, then 3 seconds at a time until liquid.
3. Quickly add a little boiling water, whisking quickly as you go. (Make sure the bar doesn’t get time to set before adding your water. If it does, remelt it)
4. Add more water until you get the desired consistency for you. (Note: when the conditioner is hot, it will be runny. Allow it to cool so you can judge the consistency before adding more water.)
5. Finally- spoon the conditioner into a clean tub.
Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
A couple of special notes:
❤️Lusid Beauty Conditioner and shampoo bars contain no preservatives so mold will grow when water is added if it is not stored correctly. For this reason I recommend making a small amount at a time (1-3 days worth), rather than melting a whole bar at once.
❤️ I have only tried this method with Lusid Bars so therefore cannot say if it works for other brands. Let me know if you do try! 🙂
❤️I personally like a thicker consistency, so to 7g of solid bar I added 50mls of water. You may add more or less than this depending on your preference.
❤️This method also works for Lusid Beauty Shampoo bars- however, the shampoo bars don’t contain as much thickener as conditioner. So if you do try this using the above water:bar ratio, expect the shampoo to be slightly runnier. This is normal- and it is by no means less powerful.
Have fun with this and let me know how you go! Tag us so we can see your creations!